Professional Development Series Based on DS106
Front Stage / Back Stage
You are the star of your own show, you are also the producer and narrator of your own show. The production skills you will learn in this seminar will help you produce more compelling ways of sharing your show using visual, audio, and and video media.
Many in academia are concerned about “giving away their intellectual property”, when what is more interesting perhaps is sharing the ways we go about this kind of work. How do mathematical modelers solve problems? Where do psychologists go to find new ideas? How do linguists deal with complexity? When all you produce outwardly is a published paper or a conference presentation, we leave out the illustrative insight into how creative idea work is done.
- on “Narrating” Our Work (John Udell)
- “Show Your Work” (Austin Kleon book)
- “Show Your Work” (Jane Bozarth book)
Videos / Narrative / Metaphor
- Front Stage / Making Of You Show Posts
- Recap on Video Series (Alan Portfolio)
- I’m Making Crappy Quality Videos on Purpose (Alan’s Portfolio)
An Open Ended Seminar- No Leverage on Participation
Image Credit: You Show web site